I found these interesting cat facts on another website and thought they were a good share.
* On average, cats can jump five times as high as their tail is long.
* The domestic cat is the only feline species able to hold its tail vertically while walking.
* A cat's brain is more similar to a human's than a dog's, both having similar areas responsible for emotion.
* People who are allergic to cats are actually allergic to their saliva - more so than their dander.
* A cat's heart beats 110-140 beats per minute, about twice as fast as the human heart.
* A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human has only 206.
* A mother cat is pregnant for 63 to 65 days.
* It has been scientifically proven that stroking a cat can lower one's blood pressure.
* Every cat has a nose print as unique and individual as a human fingerprint.
* Scientists who study these things have determined that cats have about 100 different vocalizations, compared to dogs who have only around 10.
* Purring does not always mean that a cat is happy. Some cats will purr loudly when they are in pain.
* Of every 3,001 Calico kittens born, 3,000 are females.
* A cat has 130,000 hairs per square inch on its belly.
* A cat has 13 ribs.
* Only 2/3 of cats respond to the catnip plant
Information for Feline Trivia from "Tips and Facts"