Cat Weather Lore
* A sneezing cat means rain on the way, and three sneezes in a row portends a cold for the cat's human!
* A cat running wildly about, darting here and there and clawing everything in sight means wind or a storm is on the way; when the cat quiets down, the storm will soon blow itself out.
* Cats washing over their ears has long been held to foretell rain; the old rhyme goes 'When Kitty washes behind her ears, we'll soon be tasting heaven's tears.
* A cat which rolls over and over in the grass, claws the ground and behaves in a skittish manner, is indicating that a brief rain-shower is on the way.
* When the cat is restless and moves from place to place without settling, it is foretelling hard winds.
* A cat who sits with its back to the fire is said to be a portent of frost.
* When a cat spends the night outdoors and caterwauls loudly, it may be foretelling a period of several days' bad weather.