Just wanted to share this list of signs of illness for senior cats. It is from the Fall 2010 issue of Healthy Pet.
As we all know, our cats cannot speak to us and tell us when they are feeling badly. You know your cat best of all, their daily habits and routines. If you see any of the following changes, a call to your vet would be advisable.
- changes in weight, esp. weight loss
- decrease appetite or loss of appetite
- increased water consumption
- changes in elimination patterns, urine or stool
- new lumps or bumps, or changes in existing ones
- persistent cough
- difficulty in breathing, breathing heavily or rapidly at rest
- sudden collapse or bout of weakness
- difficulty climbing stairs or jumping
- foul mouth odor or drooling
- seizure, convulsion or fit