Sunday, June 3, 2012

Crafting with Cat Fur

There is a book out that can help you with all your unwanted pet fur. It is called "Crafting with Pet Fur." When I first saw it, I was in disbelief. "What ate you kidding me? Cat fur? People are just crazy." Those were my first thoughts, and continue to be. I love Tiger and Motor but I do not want to make anything out of their fur. The though is unbelievable. But here is the book...
And you can find it all over the internet. So I decided to do some research and see what else I could find out about people's different uses for cat and dog fur. Here are my discoveries...
So you start with this...
And you can make this! (I'm not really sure what this is, but it's cute.)

People are using pet fur to make beads and jewelry.
And this is a very strange one, a tea, saucer and spoon set. (I don't think anyone really uses this.)
This is supposed to be Ellen Degeneres and a friend.

Some people are even making clothing from their pets' fur. This is going a little too far for me. But what do I know? What do you think? Would you make clothing and crafts with your pets fur? I'd love to know.

6 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Although I never have, there are several folks I can think of who have cat fur scarves, etc!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Not me! It is creepy to me!



Have you seen the latest generation of "improved" Blogger Word Verification?
A blurry photo of a number next to a garbled-up, out-of-focus word.

As a public service, and since I absolutely NEVER get spam on any of my blogs, I thought I'd share a screenshot of how I have set up my comment settings.


Please! Change your settings to look just like that.(see link below) I promise you will NEVER get spam. Ever.

I borrowed this from Bard at the Daily G's
http://www.thedailygs.com/2012/06/commentary-on-commenting.html

Deb said...

Very interesting but no thanks. I just want to get rid of it once they are combed.

Marilia said...

Hmmmm... I don´t like this!

Pet Memorial said...

Great article Pet Jewelry

shira said...

great idea! never would have thoguht of this! check out this hilarious cat video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3yAhglqHck