Friday, February 1, 2013

GoodNite Gracie

Yesterday, while surfing the web, I discovered new cat artwork that I just love!  The name of the company is GoodNite Gracie and the owner/artisan is Gracie M. Smith of Grand Rapids, MI.  Gracie makes all types of cute cat gift items: jewelry, pet dishes, drinking mugs, spoon rests and much more.  Take a look...

Calico Cat On Rectangular Ceramic Cat Dish Spoonrest Soap Dish

Cats & Flowers Medium Cat Bowl With Paw Prints Inside 20 Oz. Ceramic

What I love about this work is the fun, playful illustrations and how colorful the pieces are.

Here is what Gracie has to say about her work... 

"In 1985 I became interested in working with clay and played around developing a method where I could combine my printmaking background with this new medium. After several months of trial and error, I developed the technique I currently use to create my jewelry line, which incorporates printing and painting with underglazes and glazes on slab rolled earthenware clay.

Oval Cats & Flowers French Wire Earrings In Clay With Glass Bead

Tabby Cat With Pink Heart Clay French Wire Earrings Original Design

I also do slip cast ceramic pieces, most of which I pour, clean, decorate, glaze and kiln fire, as well as the slab rolled jewelry. My designs are all original and I am involved in every step of production. I have a studio in Rockford, MI called Squires Street Gallery, although all of my sales are through the internet, gift shops, galleries and shows."  All of Gracie's designs are originial and copyrighted.

Rust Striped Tabby Cat On Ceramic Treat Jar With Lid Cat Treats

Large Cat Bowl "KITTY" Orange Tabby Inside 20 Ounce Ceramic

OK, so, I have to admit, I did purchase a few pieces for myself when I found her shop.  A pin and 2 pairs of earrings.  I couldn't help myself.  Gracie's art is so cute!

I hope you like GoodNite Gracie as much as I do.

1 comment:

Just Ducky said...

Those are very cute, right now mum doesn't have any extra green papers right now to buy anything.